Monday, July 25, 2011

Blahblahblahplugs: The Bloody Bay Movie Project


The Bloody Bay Movie Project is something that's close to my heart and so I thought I would throw it a little blahblahblahplug.

Writer, producer, director, editor extraordinaire Simon Bonner has written a fun and vital piece of the current handheld horror oeuvre and is writing a blog about his experiences trying to get the movie produced. He's also looking for funding.

Simon is currently based in the Caribbean paradise of Trinidad & Tobago and this is the setting for Bloody Bay. Having read an early draft of the script myself I can tell you that the film follows a British honeymooning couple on the trip of a lifetime that suddenly goes horribly wrong. The script blends the local folklore of Papa Bois, Soucouyant and Lusca with recent iconic sci-fi/horror films such as Cloverfield, Monsters and Mega Shark vs Giant Octopus.

Personally I'm not a fan of these kinds of movies but I read the script and loved it, if there's one thing Simon knows it's how to use a strong structure to hang an entertaining concept on and this has both.

I've worked closely with him in the past on micro budget pictures and there's nobody I would rather work with when things are tight. That's why I currently have my hand up for directing this film. I did say it was close to my heart.

So if you're looking for an interesting blog about the hoops a young indie film maker has to jump through head over to http://bloodybayfilm.blogspot.com. If you're interested in giving him money to help head over to http://bloodybayfilm.blogspot.com. If you just want more information than I can provide head over to http://bloodybayfilm.blogspot.com.

4 comments:

  1. spam! hooray for your silly ways. without spam and george w bush there would be precisely 64% less jokes in the world.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I notice you rounded down from the 64.48129% quoted in a recent comedy census. Thanks for the shameless plug baby and I can see your hand don't worry.

    Keep up the blah blah blah

    S

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey,
    i am prateek.i want to exchange the link with you.if u intrested so please add it in your blog.
    my url:
    http://ratemovie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete